Executive Director of the Cle Elum Downtown Association
The Cle Elum Downtown Association (CEDA) is seeking an Executive Director to lead CEDA in creating and enhancing connections and partnerships that fuel a thriving downtown community.
The Executive Director promotes the downtown business community, acts as a liaison both within the community and the state regarding downtown programs, and encourages public awareness of CEDA’s activities in order to build momentum for further connection and partnerships that fuel a thriving downtown community. The Executive Director establishes excellent relationships with downtown business owners and local government generating enthusiasm and ongoing partnership. Additionally the Executive Director coordinates volunteers, partners with the Board of Directors, leads a small team of talented individuals, oversees events and programs, encourages diverse involvement in the organization, drives fundraising efforts, and provides ongoing communication to various audiences. The position requires a comprehensive set of skills and abilities, including written, verbal and supervisory skills.
- Experienced leader, preferably in non-profit organization(s), with proven strategic leadership.
- Strong nonprofit fundraising abilities, financial management and oversight, and understanding of donor relations.
- Experienced in researching grant opportunities to acquire funding and overseeing compelling grant proposal submissions; experience preferred as the primary writer of grant proposals.
- Appreciation for and understanding of vibrant, thriving downtown communities.
- Interest in the Washington State Main Street program and the benefits it provides to communities.
- Understanding of the Main Street America’s Four Point Approach to community development.
- Exceptional ability to collaborate effectively with a variety of groups and individuals.
- Flexible, adaptable working style. Able to self-manage and work well independently.
- Exceptional communication skills, both in person and in writing. Diplomatic. Skilled in inter-personal communications, public speaking, community outreach and effective networking. Able to forge positive and productive working relationships with a variety of people.
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills.
- Supervisory and volunteer management experience; ability to delegate appropriately and develop others.
- Proven commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and experience working with or serving diverse communities
- Experience organizing or overseeing large events.
- Embraces and utilizes technology & social media. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, social media platforms, design software and Quickbooks.
- Grace under pressure, flexibility, sense of fun and creativity.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the volunteer-driven organization in close coordination with the board of directors and oversee the day-to-day operations.
- Coordinate committee development, work plans, fundraising activities, promotional projects, rehabilitation and design projects, economic restructuring projects, volunteer management, and committee meetings.
- Research available grant opportunities and oversee grant proposal submissions; may function as the primary writer of grant proposals.
- Represent the organization with other local organizations and committees, including the city, county, economic development boards and committees, the school district, as well as service organizations.
- Develop, conduct, execute and document programs and activities for CEDA.
- Coordinate all program activities locally as well as representing the community regionally as appropriate.
- Implement a strategic plan with clear organizational priorities.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with downtown business owners and local government officials.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with donors and recognizing contributions as appropriate.
- Communicate CEDA’s mission to downtown business owners, local government, media, and public; oversee communication of vision and strategic goals to a broadened community audience; build relationships within various organizations and partners within community, county, and state.
- Ensure financial viability of CEDA by operating within approved budget and ensuring maximum resource utilization.
- Establish employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of CEDA; oversee contracts for services.
- Expand revenue generating activities to support existing and planned programs.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with the Board of Directors by facilitating information, tools, and resources necessary for effective governance.
- Engage in board development actively by ensuring ongoing training, recruitment, and orientation of board members.
- Main Street designation: Prepare all reports required by the Washington State Main Street Program and the National Main Street Center.
- Any additional responsibilities and/or tasks that the Board of Directors may assign.
Pay: $65,000 – $75,000 per year DOE
- 2 weeks annual paid time off
- Monthly medical stipend
- Simple IRA with 3% employer match
Schedule: Monday through Friday, including some evening meetings/events.
Weekend availability for a number of calendared events throughout the year.
Work Location: CEDA office in downtown Cle Elum. Occasional regional and national travel required.
ABOUT THE CLE ELUM DOWNTOWN ASSOCIATION
CEDA, a non-profit 501(c)(3), is a Washington Main Street Organization that follows the Four Point Approach to ensure constant growth and integrity. Our mission is to preserve, promote and enhance Cle Elum’s Downtown, and to create partnerships that stimulate economic activity and action for renewed sense of pride and community.
Application requirements: Cover letter, resume, and three professional references including at least one from a past supervisor.
Application deadline has been extended to May 7, 2023. Email your application, and any questions about this position, to: [email protected]