Opens Feb 15, 2023
Cle Elum Downtown Association, Beautification and Façade Grant Program
The Cle Elum Downtown Association invites any downtown building or business owner in the “First Street Corridor,” between Oakes Avenue and Peoh Avenue, extending north to 2nd Street and south to Railroad Street, to apply for matching grant funds for façade and/or beautification projects in downtown Cle Elum.
CEDA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and member of the Washington State Main Street Program. CEDA’s mission is Unite the community for the vitality to the historic downtown. The Downtown Beautification and Façade Grant Program is administered by the CEDA Design Committee to enhance the appearance of the downtown district.
- Who is eligible to apply?
- The Downtown Beautification and Façade Grant Program (hereinafter “grant program”) is open to building owners, business owners and 501(c)(3) non-profits organizations (hereinafter “applicants”) for costs associated with beautification projects in the “First Street Corridor,” between Oakes Avenue and Peoh Avenue, extending north to 2nd Street and south to Railroad Street. (Please reference grant program area map.)
- If a property is owned, leased or currently under contract by a party other than the applicant, all parties included on the deed, lease or contract must agree in writing to the proposed project.
- Applicants may apply for grant funding for projects at multiple downtown locations.
- What type of projects are eligible to receive grant funding?
- Projects intended to permanently improve the outward appearance of a building or other area in downtown Cle Elum visible from the public right-of-way will be considered.
- Eligible projects may include building design improvements, landscaping, painting, the restoration of buildings, business signs, or other public spaces, murals, public art installations, or similar projects.
- All projects must be started and completed within 45 days of receiving grant approval, grant funds will not be awarded for projects that start prior to the date of grant award notification, or are completed after the 180 days dated from the award.
Grant Funds Available:
- The total amount of funding available through the grant program will be determined on an annual basis by CEDA and may fluctuate from year to year. Funding may be awarded to multiple applicants.
- Applicants may receive funding through the grant program up to 50% (matching) of approved project costs to an amount awarded not to exceed $5,000.00. The most common amount awarded to a single applicant through the grant program will be $1,000.00.
- The applicant has 45 days from the date of acceptance of the grant award to commence work on the approved project.
- Projects must be completed within 180 days from the date of the award of funding. CEDA may choose to withdraw funding from projects not completed within 180 days, in which case the applicant would forfeit any right to reimbursement for project expenses. Project extensions will not be considered except in extraordinary circumstances and when such extension is requested formally and in writing.
- Any changes in the project plan without written approval from the CEDA Design Committee renders the award void. In such case, the applicant forfeits any right to reimbursement for project expenses and bears the full cost of the project.
Application Period & Schedule:
- Grant application deadline is April 28, 2023. Applicants must complete the online application form and submit it on or before the deadline. Applications will be reviewed by the CEDA Design Committee, and all applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application 30 days of submittal deadline.
- Application process:
- Applicants are encouraged to contact CEDA to discuss project details prior to submitting a grant application.
- After the application period closes, the CEDA Design Committee will make a final decision on the number of grants and amount of funding awarded to selected projects. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application no later than 30 days of submittal deadline.
- Successful applicants must sign a notarized final Program Agreement Form that includes the amount of funding awarded.
- Within 15 days of completion, applicants must submit photographs of the project, including “before” and “after” photographs, as well as photographs documenting the project at various stages of work. Photographs may be submitted by email to [email protected]
- Within 15 days of completion, applicants must submit copies of all receipts associated with the project to confirm payment of project expenses. The Design Committee will review the receipts and make a recommendation for payment of the approved amount of funding to the CEDA board of directors.
- Upon approval by the CEDA board of directors, a reimbursement check will be presented to the applicant equal to 50% of the approved project expenses up to the amount of funding awarded. The re-imbursement check will be addressed to the applicant(s) named on the grant application form and presented in person.
- Reimbursement Process:
- Within 30 days of completion, applicants must submit photographs of the project, including “before” and “after” photographs, as well as photographs documenting the project at various stages of work.
- Applicants must submit copies of all receipts associated with the project to confirm payment of project expenses. All of which may be emailed to [email protected].
CEDA, by and through the Design Committee, is responsible for administering the grant program. CEDA is solely responsible for overseeing the review of all applications, awarding grants, and authorizing the final disbursement of funding to selected applicants assuming their compliance with the rules and regulations stated herein.
The complete application package submitted for consideration must include the following forms and documents:
- Completed Downtown Beautification and Façade Grant Program application form
- A detailed description of the proposed project and intended impact.
- “Before” photographs of the building, business, or area of the proposed project.
- Cost estimates, including copies of bids from vendors outlining expenses.